torsdag den 18. oktober 2018

Post Viking-CON part 2 - Johktari vs Necromancer

We had the pleasure of seeing Alex from Germany at this CON.

Me and Keejchen went to the German National Mage Wars Championship earlier this year.
There we meet Alex and several other great guys. Luckily Alex decided to come and visit.

We faced of with me playing the Johktari Beastmaster vs his Necromancer.




He had a very solid book, based on zombies and outplayed me totally.
Mostly Wall placement as a response to my Pillar was key to his victory.

I was a bad matchup for me as i can´t use my Wounded Prey ability. Besides my healing regeneration is likely to be stopped with Poisoned Blood/Deathlock.

I do think i could have played better. Summoned more creatures before i engaged, and trying to use my better mobility and run around using Kajarah more.

Im pretty happy with my opening for Johktari:

Round 1:
9                                                                                   19

    Wychwood Farie                  4                                  15
    Battle Forge                          8                                  7

9  +1                                                                             16 +1
 
   Enchanters Ring                    2                                  15
   Enchantment                         0                                   15
   Lair                                       15                                   0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  CREW:

  Redclaw, Alpha Male
  Timber Wolf                          x 4
  Izimbilla
  Darkfenne Asp

  I do like it as the Lair lets me get creatures out without spending my full action.
  I could save 4 spellbookpoints - drop the Lair and then just hardcast creatures.
  That would require 8 rounds of staying in the corner and "do nothing"

  Note to self:
  Add 1-2 Thornlasher and put it in a central zone. Thornlasher are amazing and with Pillar and Lesser Teleport they just pwn!

 Ill get back to this when i´ve played it some more. Which is going to be a while as i´m working on Mace.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar